Have you ever wondered what makes a person seem so confident? Several things attribute to confidence and I’m a strong believer that it starts with accepting and loving yourself. I also think that dressing for the success will always give you that extra bit of confidence you need to take on the day. Below are a few tips that will help you gain or regain some confidence.
9 Tips for a more confident you:
- Smile Purposely Everyday – Smiling instantly changes your mood! Smiling also helps you deal with a stressful situation. In addition, people who smile are perceived as being more likable than people who don’t smile.
- Own Who You Are – Once you accept and love yourself it becomes easier to have confidence. Of course, you want everyone to like but if they don’t, that’s ok too. Don’t change for anyone unless you think it’s a change that needs to occur.
- Set Small Goals That will Add Up To Big Goals – How good does it feel to reach a goal? Any goal? It feels amazing! The small goals get you to the big goals and they help build your confidence and experience in the process.
- Know Yourself – I’m a huge believer in writing in a journal. It’s so important to have written content about yourself because it allows you to understand who you are more. Spend time with yourself and get to know who you are.
- Dress to Impress – Always dress to impress. Taking the time to look put together automatically gives you the confidence you need to take the day on. Plus people will respect you more…BONUS!
- Make Time to Spend With Yourself – Meditating is a great way to spend time with yourself. Ride a bike through the park or go to Barnes & Noble to read a book. Get your nails done or have fun playing dress up in your room. It’s nice to spend with yourself.
- Change Your Body Language – Stand tall with good posture and keep your facial expressions relaxed and smile. All these things help you feel great about yourself and people will be drawn to you.
- Turn a Negative into a Positive – It’s all about the way you view your situation. A negative situation can be a positive one if you just look at it from a different perspective. When one door closes that only means that there is a better door meant for you. Change your perspective.
- Remember Your Struggles – It’s always nice to remind yourself of your struggles because you got through them and are a stronger person because of it. That alone gives you confidence to get through anything ahead of you.
We all face challenging moments in life where our confidence it tested. When that happens just inhale and exhale. Repeat a mantra to yourself and use any of the tips above to help you feel confident and fearless. I like to repeat to myself that I am strong and confident. What are some things you like to say to yourself?
Stay smart and stylish!!! #dtcgirlboss